Two weeks from today everything will be done. I will have (God-willing) researched and written two twenty page papers, watched/graded fifty undergrad final projects and nearly as many undergrad response papers, and read one more historiography book. Trouble is, I really don't see how this is going to all get done in the next week and five days.
I have spent the past nine hours barely stirring from my computer in my attempt to write the first ten pages of my twenty-page Charlotte Charke paper (the ten pages which are due on Wednesday), and I managed to get about six and a half before realizing everything I'd written was pretty much shit/didn't introduce my main thesis early enough, and then I realized maybe I don't have a strong main thesis and I am SO FRUSTRATED. So I've started it again and have about 3 and a half usable pages. This paper is worse than my Aldus Manutius paper of three years ago and I broke my foot over that one.
I think, "I should take a break," but by that I mean I should go read fourteen more essays on theatre historiography which are due by Thursday. Or possibly I should research my topic for my paper due a week from Monday. Yeah RESEARCH it. Much less WRITE it. GAHHHHH.
Research = procrastination, therefore you should do more research. My favourite is to take an hour's break and watch a TV show.
ReplyDeleteYou know you'll get it all done in two weeks time. It might not be pretty, but you'll get it done!
Please please please do not break your foot again!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kay! That was such a miserable break for you!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain Absi. Not the foot pain. Don't break anything. I don't want to feel that pain. But, you know, the metaphorical end-of-semester pain.
ReplyDelete