Nearing the end of the quarter-- so close to being done with everything! I only have 27 papers left to grade before I can say I'm officially done, and they haven't even been turned in yet so it's not my fault that I haven't finished! I have, however, finished 3 mini-papers looking at a historical moment through three historiographical lenses (Marxist, Feminist, and New Historicist), a twenty page paper about Charlotte Charke, and I have finished grading forty-five Drama 101 final projects. Hooray!!!! I've also begun work as a dramaturg on a play called The Illusion by Tony Kushner, so I've just started the research for that, and met with the director. Apparently tomorrow night the cast and crew are going out to do some karaoke and since I've just joined the team I'm invited. Super fun!
To treat ourselves for all of our hard work, on Monday a couple of my friends/colleagues and I went to see The Muppets!!! Super cute movie, though not my favorite Muppet movie ever. It was so nice to go out and do something, though, especially after weeks of sitting on my couch reading/writing/grading. We also went out to dinner, where I got a cheeseburger and an alcoholic milkshake. The glory! A cheeseburger! And who knew that adding Bailey's and banana liquor to a milkshake could be so wonderful?
Only two more days 'til Disney World!!!
Does that mean... Disney today or Disney tomorrow? Either way yay!!!
ReplyDelete