Me and Kay in Disney World, Spring 2009
Anyway, yesterday afternoon/evening, Kay and I got to see each other! We had some amazing Belgian hot chocolate at Le Pain Quotidien, then we had our usual cups of tea and catching up. Then we exchanged Christmas gifts! Kay gave me a GORGEOUS set of dishes with a blue flower pattern that just suits me so well!
Then we went to pick up Brian (her husband, and also one of my friends) and then Mike (of the polar bear picture fame from the last post), and we all went to Dehli Dhabba Indian food restaurant for dinner. While there, we saw some questionable 'Bollywood' clips. Usually they play very traditional Bollywood movies, but yesterday they were... perhaps not quite so family friendly. I'm glad Kay, Brian, and Mike were there to back me up on what we saw, or else I might not believe it. But the food was wonderful, as usual, and we had a fantastic dinner with the four of us.
But perhaps the most consistently wonderful part of visiting DC now is that my parents place is just a short walk from a New Orleans-style restaurant that serves beignets and cafe au lait in the mornings. If I had this place a short walk from my apartment in Seattle a) I'd have no trouble getting out of bed in the mornings, and b) I'd be about thirty pounds heavier. It's amazing!
It also reinforces my desire to live somewhere in the South.... if not New Orleans, perhaps Savannah or Charleston, or somewhere in North Carolina, or hey, good old Virginia (this is, of course, assuming I don't just expatriate to the UK). It might not surprise you to know that one of my Christmas gifts was a subscription to Southern Living Magazine.
But tonight, my lovely sojourn to DC comes to a close, and it's off to see Zan in Staunton!!!

Sorry I couldn't join you guys last night, Abigail! Also, where is this amazing New Orleans cuisine and how can I rent a room above it?
ReplyDeleteIt was great seeing you yesternight Absi! And yes, I will tell anyone who wants to hear about the Bollywood clips....
ReplyDeleteI loved loved loved seeing you too!!! My Christmas penguin is now happily perched on the shelf above my desk.
ReplyDeleteMmm beignets... let's go back to New Orleans, shall we? And perhaps not over the coldest weekend in 20 years.
Aw, that sounds really lovely. Love catching up with old friends and family... especially when there is food involved. Hope you are enjoying your well-deserved rest and yay for getting to see Zan soon.
ReplyDelete