Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

"Doctor Who" Mystery

Well, everyone, I'm pretty much officially done with the quarter. Yesterday my students had their final exam and I collected their final response papers. One girl gave me a hug and told me I was her favorite TA ever, which sort of makes it feel like it was all worthwhile. Then I got breakfast with Kris, got home, and crashed. My body just sort of decided it was time for a two hour nap and some trashy television (what IS up with the Disney Channel these days?).

Around 5:00, before the mails had arrived, I went over to my friend Sarah's for dinner. Sarah is seriously some kind of gourmet chef; we had Scandinavian carmelized goat cheese and Cotswold cheese and sugarplums and spicy hard cider. We watched some Game of Thrones. Then her equally awesome husband came home and we had crisp beet salad with balsamic and pine nut goat cheese, pomegranate-molasses glazed game hen, mashed potatoes and maple-butter candied-nut Brussels sprouts. All homemade. Then some homemade cookies from her mom arrived in the mail, so we had Russian teacakes and fruitcake cookies and rum balls. Holy... it was amazing. So full, so happy, so relaxed.

I had promised the director of Illusions that I would run by karaoke night with him, his wife, and a few actors/designers, so after I left Sarah's I quickly stopped home, discovered a mystery, then headed to the U District for karaoke. I didn't sing, but the director and a few others did, and I met some really nice people. Nice to go to a bar-- I really don't remember the last time I was out until midnight (I'm lame, I know). Great night, overall.

So this mystery? A priority mail package had arrived. The return address was for a small town in Minnesota, a name I don't know. I opened it, and out fell this:


Yes, that's right. An 8x11 print of the TARDIS in Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night." I think I have managed to track it back to this Etsy store (thus explaining the return address and the name I don't know). But still, since now I don't even have the return address to go on, since it's an Etsy store-- who sent it to me? No note. Nothing but the TARDIS print.

Until someone 'fesses up, I'm just going to assume it was Doctor. If I'm gone for awhile, it means that I'm traveling the far reaches of time and space with a 900 year old Time Lord. But then again, you probably won't notice if I'm gone-- I'll just come back again at the same time that I left, and for everyone else, nothing strange will have happened at all :).

(But seriously, if you sent it, let me know so I can thank you!)

EDIT: Mystery solved!!! Thank you, Annie!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lame, why did the mystery have to be solved?!?! That would actually have blown my mind if that had arrived in the mail for me!! And you know, the only logical explanation *is* that the Doctor sent it to you! You know what? I'd still keep an eye out for him, just in case.

    I know I said this before but it's still really important. Enjoy your holidays!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete