It's May 5th-- Happy Cinco de Mayo!-- and for the past two days I've had to wear a winter coat, I've been rained on, and I can see my breath in the cold. This is unacceptable. The weather literally hasn't changed since February. We've had basically no sunshine yet this spring. I think every time it's been sunny I've written about it in my blog because it's so wondrous and rare. The situation is even more unacceptable considering that I'm still in school while it seems that everyone else is posting on Facebook about finishing up with finals, graduating, finishing 3L, going ABD, or making spring-time al fresco dinners and breakfasts on the porch. I hate the quarter system with a fiery passion.
On the bright side (since I said I would try to look at the glass half-full), yesterday I got cupcakes with two of my colleagues/friends. I went all out and got four mini-cupcakes instead of my usual three-- Lemon Meringue, Coconut Lime, Almond Creme Anglaise, and the featured flavor of the month of May, Strawberry Prosecco. Yum. Paired with a cup of peppermint tea they were just the thing to cheer up a cold, rainy afternoon.
I know! I keep hearing rumors of this dreaded San Francisco phenomenon "June Gloom" and people keep throwing around this quote "The coldest winter I've ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." I just want to go to the beach and get a tan and feel HOT.
ReplyDelete