Remember the Book Quiz I filled out a few days ago? I promised that I would think of five honorable mentions, and boy, have I compiled a list! In an effort to keep the list short, though, I cut it down to only books that have had some kind of impact on my life. They are books that I return to again and again, as old friends. So, here are a few of my favorite books that did not make it into the book quiz!
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
In Summer by Jeremy Jackson
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Anne of the Island by L.M Montgomery
The "American Girl" Felicity Series by Valerie Tripp
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
We'll have to do this again soon using my history books :). And I leave you today with two more photos of the new kitties! The first is at PAWS, just before we brought them home. The other was taken yesterday-- they seem so happy!

I'm pretty sure I read I Capture the Castle about once a year. But The Phantom Tollbooth is definitely due for a reread.
ReplyDeleteThis is the cutest!! You guys make such a cute family, you look like very proud parents :) :) And that last picture, they look like such snugglebunnies!
ReplyDeleteOh, haha, I forgot that I actually had stuff to say about your book pics. Got distracted by the cats but I'm sure you understand!
ReplyDeleteI WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH THE OTHER DAY!!!!!!!!!!! Twinsies!!! I feel like I read it when I was younger... but I could not tell you a single thing about anything in the book.
First off...I apologize for not saying anything regarding books...but let's get real. There are cats in this post so it's all I see.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of you two with Rhett and Felix is ADORABLE! What a cute family portrait :)