At the end of April, around the time I became obsessed with YouTube clips of munchkin kittens, an internet search turned up a photo of a cat named Rhett. He lived at PAWS, a no-kill shelter near Seattle. A few minutes later, I saw a picture of his friend, Felix. It was love at first sight. Since late April, Zan and I have been talking about Rhett and Felix as if they were our kitties.
But, they weren't. And we kept saying we didn't need kitties, that if we got them, we'd wait until September, that there were other cats on this earth, so even if Rhett and Felix were adopted, there would be other kitties in September. But we checked to see if they were still available everyday, you know, just out of curiosity. Then we started to slip. On Friday, we went to the Seattle location of PAWS and filled out an adoption survey. Yesterday, we ran an errand about five minutes from the farther away PAWS shelter-- the one with Rhett and Felix-- and decided just to stop in for a bit. About half an hour later, we headed home with two adopted cats in the car.
Rhett (Butler) is a Siamese mix with gorgeous blue eyes, Felix is a very large black and white cat, named-- we assume-- after the cartoon Felix the Cat. We have since given him the middle name Andre, in honor of Andre the Giant: Felix weighs in at 16.4 pounds. They are eight years old and have lived together since kittenhood-- PAWS let us adopt them at a reduced rate as a bonded pair. They love each other, they seem to love us, and now-- as strange as it seems-- Zan and I have cats! Together!
16.4 pounds? Sphinx no longer is on a diet.
ReplyDeleteI love how in the last picture Felix is licking his lips like he's thinking about food :) Little fatty!! I love this so much and I can't wait to hear/see all their antics.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I just worked out that you REALLY cracked if you were going to wait til September!!!! You'll make it work though. They're very gorgeous boys, I can see why you had to snap them up!
Siamese cats have really odd miaows, does Rhett have the Siamese miaow? Also they are super chatty. Do the boys like to cuddle?
Adorable!
ReplyDeleteYour cats are making me miss our cats that weren't really our but might as well have been. Also you.
ReplyDeleteI love Rhett's mustache. =)