Since starting my PhD back in September, Thursday has quickly become my favorite day of the week. I teach two sections, then have a grad seminar, and then-- freedom! It's like most people's Friday night! Granted, on Fridays I attend 101 lecture and tomorrow I'm going to special collections (to see a Shakespeare First Folio!), but no class for THREE WHOLE DAYS. Thursday evenings are spectacular.
This Thursday afternoon/evening, I got fro-yo with Liz, then walked halfway home and met Zan at a cute little coffee shop that we've been meaning to try. The sun came out this afternoon after a chilly, gray morning, so I felt justified in my choice of a nice, cold raspberry Italian soda, instead of a warm latte. Then I graded rough drafts. And next up I'm grading quizzes. Less fun. BUT, I can actually go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight because after all that grading, I don't have to read for class unless I feel like it. HA. Excellent. I love Thursdays.
No comments:
Post a Comment